The Association of Swiss Tourism Managers
The ASTM is the association for specialists of various touristic fields: tourist organisations, tourist educational institutions and associations, mountain railways, hotels and providers of all kinds of tourist services.
The ASTM consists of 230 members of all parts of Switzerland and regions near the border. It represents the interests of the tourism managers, particularly by
- supporting and advising its members in questions concerning their professional activities
- promoting the professional exchange of experience and personal contacts
- training and further education of the members and their employees
- supporting the preservation and enhancement of the profession’s reputation
- representing the ASTM in Swiss and European umbrella organisations
- participating in decision-making on all levels of touristic policy
Together with the Education and Examination Branch Hotel-Gastro-Tourism, the ASTM is responsible for two important educational tasks on behalf of the Federal Government:
- Organisation and Implementation of external courses for apprentices in tourist offices
- Organisation of the final apprenticeship exams
The Swiss Tourism Federation STF is responsible for the office of the ASTM and all its administrational duties.